About the Gathering:
Activities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Making of Dry Meat – includes berry picking, drying & pounding
- Bannock Making
- Medicine Walks
- Cultural Activities – beadwork, painting, jigging and singing, cooking, etc.
- Land-based activities
- Campfire/Storytelling – with special guests
- Optional cultural ceremonies will be available
Participants will be able take part in all components based on a rotational daily schedule. This is a hands-on experiential learning opportunity where participants will learn through doing. Storytellers will lead each of these activities and share stories throughout the gathering.
Each evening there will be a campfire and storytelling session, led by special guests. During campfire, participants will also be able to share their own stories, music, etc. We encourage everyone to come with stories to share!
Thurs., Aug. 25th – 4:00 p.m. Registration, set up camp & sign up for breakout activities
Fri., Aug. 26th to Sun., Aug. 28th inclusive – 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. – daily schedule of activities
Mon., Aug. 29th – 7:00 a.m. – scheduled activities ~ 1:00 p.m. – Break Camp & Site Cleanup
- Designated campsite for tents, campers or tent trailers.
- Meals and snacks throughout the gathering. Participants will provide any dietary restrictions upon registering.
- Drinking water and other beverages that may include coffee, tea and juices.
- Materials and supplies are provided for all activities.
- Campfire is provided daily as part of the scheduled activities and under the arbour as part of our evening storytelling activities. No other open fires are permitted!
Registration fees will also be used to cover the costs of bring our storytellers together, venue costs and related activity expenses.
Participants should bring their own camping equipment, lawn chairs, dishes and cutlery (very important!), musical instruments, writing equipment.
Camping in non-electrified so there is no place to charge electronic equipment. Leave your computers at home, and bring a pencil and paper! There is also limited cell phone service at the Crossing. To access email and use your phone, you may need to walk a short distance to the top of the hill – but you will be so busy and having so much fun, that you won’t care what is happening on Facebook!
Gabriel’s Crossing is a drug and alcohol-free environment. We trust all guests will respect this gathering place! Also, please leave your pets at home.
Registration Fee: $400.00 per person.
- A $150.00 non-refundable deposit is to be paid upon registration with the balance to be paid on or before Friday, August 19th.
- Financial assistance may be available for students upon request.
For more detailed information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration deadline is 5:00 p.m. on Monday, July 31st, 2016
Registration should be submitted by email to email@example.com or by mail to: The Crossing Theatre Co. 415 Shea Cres, Saskatoon, SK S7L 5M5